Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day Six
















Well, we finally seem to be somewhat caught up on the blog. It is again, very late here... almost 1 am. I will keep this blog short.

We went to this amazing national park today - unfortunately, I cannot think of the name off the top of my head... did I mention the time?? LoL. It was also unfortunate that the weather was so terrible, as the view from the mountains was very poor. We left the camera in the bus all day due to the poor weather.

Lunch had a bit of a twist today... Liam and I had "Popeye's Chicken" just like the chain in the US. This meant that his order came with fries! But here is the clencher... he gave them away as he couldn't eat them. I think it was then we had a discussion about him "becoming Korean"... hee hee..... at least that was his interpretation...lol

The remainder of the afternoon - 4 or 5 hours - was spent on the bus. We will stay at this destination for 2 nights, so it will be nice not to have to pack up tomorrow morning! The afternoon was not unproductive however, as I was able to put in a few hours of work in as well. I also learned how to tie my hair up (tight) with a decorative chop stick... very cool... except everytime we got on or off the bus... my chopstick would hit the roof of the bus...LOL from it sticking up, and of course with me being so tall.

The one truly memorable experience I had today was peeing on a "squatter". This would be basically a hole in the floor or a drain with a porclain bowl around it, and is something I could have gone to my grave... not having experienced.... ! It was not pleasant to say the least - and thankfully... no pictures of that LOL.

Anyhow... seems like I"m just about to fall asleep, and still want to wrap Liam's gifts..... will post tomorrow night, hopefully with some pictures as well.

Talk to you soon,

Lisa and Liam

8 comments:

  1. Well I finally got to day six.. and what a post it is.. could both events...chop sticks in hair and "squatter" uncomfortable experience.. be contributed to how close to "tall" things you are and also how far away from "short" things you are??? lmao ... :) and not pics of either event.. awww lol I could have done lots with those..! I hope you are having a good sleep now talk to you tomorrow. I can't wait to see you when you get home Liam.. take good care of Mommy for us.

    Love you lots
    Grandma Louiene xx oo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liam
    Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Liam, happy birthday to you!
    I know the date is going to show up as June 20th on the blog but I know it is already 4 am in Korea on your birthday day! And if Grandma Gail had access to a computer she would be wishing you a happy birthday as well. Glad you're having a wonderful time in Korea and enjoying all the incredible experiences of your birth country. Give your mom a big hug for me! I'm so happy you're both having the time of your lives!
    Cheers,
    Steph (and Brenna and Garreth) Morgan
    P. S. Lisa, thanks for all the great posts. I know how difficult it can be to keep up with an update at the end of a very busy day. Can't wait to see all the pics from the last few days. Glad to hear the trip has been everything you had wished for for you, and especially Liam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIAM!!! How special to be spending it in Korea, where you were born, and on Father's Day, an occasion he can celebrate because of you!
    Thanks to your mother for writing this wonderful blog so Alex's Mom can know what you are all doing too!;). Can't wait to see your photos and more videos too!
    By the way, who is the Alex that gave you a piggy back ride and is the videographer? Not my Alex?!?
    Alex's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bithday Liam xxoo What a great day it is going to be for you today!!! I can see the big smile on your face right from here :). I can't believe you are 8 years old already.. wow time sure has gone by fast. I am sure you will remember this Birthday for the rest of your life with happy memories. I can see the proud look on your mom's face and the delight you are making this trip for her just seeing how much you are enjoying it together.
    Have a GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!!
    LOVE YOU LOTS. 00000000 XXXXXXXX
    Grandma Louiene and Peper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Liam, so happy that you were able to spend your birthday in your birth country, how cool is that. How exciting to see differenct things every day, sounds like lots of fun and full of adventure, just like you two! Thanks for keeping us all updated makes me feel a little like I am along for the ride! Have a wonderful day, can't wait to find out what you did today! Love you both lots, Auntie Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photos! Hope one of you paddling your son fri his birthday doens't get you into trouble! LOL. Christine - Alex's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Lisa! Sorry I can't write more too busy giggling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa did you spank Liam really hard? Did he laugh or cry lol

    Meena

    ReplyDelete